cuba2 jadi pengulas...

Well, I have to admit, I watch American Idol every Wednesday..The only reason I watch it because, all the contestants are soooo damn good..Not like our desperate artist wannabes in Akademi Fantasia..They suck big time..I think, only Stacy deserve to be called an artist..maybe because she is..

anyways..I managed to listen and watch the American Idols performed via Rickey.org..so, this evening, I don't have to watch it anymore..Enough..I've seen it all..hehehe..and now, I would like to share my opinions..Forgive me if I'm wrong..but, this is what I feel, and think about their performances today..

Honestly, I was expecting a droll night of one ballad after another, but, I was quite surprised by some of their performances..

Micheal John was on a roll..He picked up another fitting song for his inpirational number with Aerosmith's 'Dream On'..While I don't quite see him as a rocker, but he turned to be a good performer..I think, he has always been actually..And, while the others sang, those pretty boring ballads, Micheal stood out..Fantastic..

Also chasing on a good song choice was Jason Castro, who finally stepped up and do his weird but believeable rendition of "somewhere over the rainbow"..To be frank, I think Jason is just OK, I mean his voice is not that fantastic to compare with the others but, I think he has this kind of charm..Good looking..Maybe not, maybe yes..Anyway, his rendition of 'somewhere over the rainbow' was just different but well done..For that, I think he should get some votes..Keep it up..

Following the performance from Jason is Kristy Lee Cook who I think is going wiser with her song choices..Anyway, I think, her rendition of "Away" by Martina McBride has showcased her voice, and she was able to bring out the emotion of the song very well..I'm sure she will be safe for another week, or maybe more weeks..

On the other hand, song choice might not have worked in for David Cook's favor..what was the song again? Oo he chose a pretty unique song 'Innocent' by Our Lady Peace..(never heard that song before)..I like the beat of the song, but seriously I wasn't blown up with his performance which ended with a message on his palm "Give Back"..I hope, next week he would choose a better song..One of my favourites actually..

Brooke White has picked up Carol King's song ' you've got a friend'..and her performance was enjoyable..I was happy to see her without her instrument..But, I'm being truthful, she has turned the song rather sad than being inspirational..She has to work harder if she wants to stay in that competition..

Another performance which I think didn't go quite well was from Syesha Mercado..She picked another big ballad by former Idol winner 'I Believe' Fantasia Barrino..I wasn't move by the song..I agree with Randy and Simon that she has failed to connect herself with the song..Her emotion was missing..(I think, it would be her turn this time..)

Carly Smithson..Ughh..she's one of my favourite..But I won't be bias..You see, I'm a big fan of Queen..She started with good potential with the whole ochestra in the background..After she sang the song, I was still wondering where she was trying to go with it..

Finally, David Archuleta sang 'Angels' by Robbie Williams..Ok, I might be the minority here..(I know everyone is head over heels on him, not me..)but, seriously, I'm not enthusiastic about his performance..Well, it was ok..I have heard others sing much better than him..Even Gidong can sing it better..Hahahaha..I'm not saying that he performed it badly, because it wasn't..It just didn't leave me with a great impression..That was forgettable, tomorrow I would not be able to remember it anymore..and in this stage of the game, they should have done something memorable..

In the bottom three:
1..David Archulta
2..Carly Smithson
3..Syesha Mercado...

Hehehe..

0 comments:

Post a Comment