Balik Kampung

Finally, the long promised was at last being fulfilled, eventhough it was only a short visit kind of 'balik kampung'..But..stilllll..It counts..Hehehe..I've just came back from Pulau tiga the day before and I was still feeling very tired, obviously due to lack of sleep..Yeah, I need lots of sleeps..Remember I told you about, me camping? That wasn't fun at all, I mean, it could be fun, if it wasn't too hot, even during the night..I couldn't sleep at all..Something that I won't miss about the trip..

Alright, no more Pulau 3 story, this is about me going back to my parents..It was last Saturday that I finally 'balik kampung'..Before that, I managed to bring Rocky for his first vaccination..only after that, I drove home with all my four puppies and si Jr..Nasib baik la ada si Jr kalau nda, it would be impossible for me to handle all four of them..huh..

The drive to Kota Belud seemed to be so long, and everyone was sleepy, even Rocky was sleeping all the way thru..Well, it was good that he didn't get car sick like bobby last time..I'm proud of you boy..

When I finally reached home, everyone was excited, especially my niece Jen Jen..My mum was in the kitchen preparing lunch, wanted so much to help but, my aunt was also there, so I think my culinary skills aren't required..furthermore, I miss my mum's cooking..Kalau sa punya masakan, sa mau muntah2 sudah tu..

I don't know, if it was just me or the place of my childhood..Not really as I remember it was..When I think of home, that place where I spent most of my childhood..visions of picturesque views flash in my mind..Lush greens, peaceful running river, high hills, wide fields..But, now, whenever I visit the same old place as an adult, I noticed the wide fields I used to roamed as a kid are not really wide, the river not as peaceful anymore, and the hills are not as high..

I notice the changes in the place I call home, but more than that, I also notice the disparity between what I remember of it and what the place now seems. Sad enough, the place I remember, changes in every visit..I miss my childhood, I miss the past..this is the time I take to cherish my moments as I was growing up..and I'd also like to add to that, the one who has left is not the same person who goes home. For, sometime between one’s leaving and coming home, no matter how short the time interval is, one undergoes changes...and changes it is all about..I just let that tear of melancholic joy of recall fall..

I think, when we were younger, we were free, and unriddled. that, probably, helped us perceive vastness in even the smallest of crannies. like how we could spend away whole afternoons running and playing. Now, even if we have a whole beach to ourselves, we find the space is too big, since we have too much bottled up within us..Again, that's how life is..Things change..

Well, before I drag myself to be more melancholic, I think I would just stop here..I would like to end my entry today by sharing with you some of the pics I have taken masa balik kampung.."chewah, mcm buat presentation di kelas ja pulak sa rasa ni"..

Photobucket
new "highway"..hehe

Photobucket
my nephew..Nathaneal Noah

Photobucket
my niece..Vellonia Esjane @ Jen Jen..

Photobucket
that's my mum and sister..

Photobucket
that's my dad..blur sikit the pic..hehe

Photobucket
That's my karabau..hehe..no la, someone's buffalo..

Photobucket
mana ada di kk mcm ni..
Photobucket

I think I should go home more often..huhu

2 comments:

  1. dogoes said...
     

    Cantik nya kampung, ingat pula kampung sy d kampung huhuhu.... tapi kampung sy lagi cantik lah...
    Bah balik lah kampung selagi masi boleh balik selalu huhuhu...

  2. XiGorX said...
     

    ya bah..cantik bah kg ko kan...hehe

Post a Comment