my life..my lessons..

I cannot make anyone love me...But I can let myself be loved..Throughout life we meander along and learn lessons along the way...But in learning these lessons, we set into stone sometimes that we make people feel less than dirt...I have done that...I admit it. It has been done to me...But you know, I regret those I’ve done it to, because it was usually someone very close to me, someone I loved and valued...and a very dear to my heart..

Some of life lessons that I have picked up are these...

I have learned that it only takes a few short seconds to rip open deep wounds in a person that we love and that it takes years to heal them...I am still learning that to forgive, I must practice forgiveness.

I have learned that a true friend knows all about me and they love me anyhow! How cool is that..But, I wonder now..who are they??...I am learning that it is not always enough that others forgive me, but that I learn to forgive myself...This is an ongoing battle that I may face till the end..I don't know...

I have learned not to compare myself to others, there is absloutely no way I can measure up. I love life. I enjoy people and I love to see someone smile...And, most importantly, I have learned that people will forget what I have said, they will forget what I did, but they may never forget how I made them feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment