Serenity...

I remember this saying when I was still a boy..and I can still remember it till now..I read it from the Reader's Digest..it goes something like this...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage
to change, the thing I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...

I didn’t grow up religious, I mean not really religious eventhough I went to mission schools. I grew up knowing or rather believing in God and learning that there are things in life that happen for no apparent reason that we, mere mortals can’t see and nor truly understand..Many things happen in our everyday life, and sometimes I wonder, why things happen, and why do we have all these problems..All these are left unanswered, but..we learn to accept the facts that life is like that..

I have long ago desired peace and serenity in my life.. What person wouldn’t? There have been times when I have focused on changing what was not in my power to change. And equally there have been times when I have had the power to ensue change but have done nothing to do so.

During the harder times of my life I have taken to reciting the my Prayers, if only to give me strength and peace of mind to continue on with my life.. And to learn the valuable lesson that God is here to guide me with prayer and faith to help me along the path of life..and I realized, I have wandered so far..too far...

It is up to me to do what I can to make it better..and to steer clear of what is not in my hands to change. I believe, understanding the difference of the two is the key to happiness..

Have a nice weekends ahead...

5 comments:

  1. Unknown said...
     

    I agree!!!! hehehe...

  2. XiGorX said...
     

    I agree too..hehehe...

  3. Unknown said...
     

    bawa anjing ko datang ofis k...hehehe.. sya mau peluk!!!

  4. XiGorX said...
     

    Okay..bulleh...no hal tu..hehehe

  5. StephenieEzra said...
     

    mmmm..I know how does it feel but cause I'm feeling it 2..

    people usually say dont give up!keep on trying, the sky is the limit - for me it means that U can make a change but it's up to u to work hard and maybe beyond ur thoughts..

    but sometimes like u said in this post,some things we cant change we just have to let it happen..

    so,wat we actually should do???

Post a Comment