Law or Counselling Class??...

I was having my Law class today with my Higher Diploma student..Yup that singular..I have only one student in that particular class..It feels weird.. Really..and sometimes I feel like cancelling class and give her some tasks to do..But, hey, I'm not like that, I feel a great responsibility to perform every task given to me..So, its not the matter of me liking it or not...I carry out my duty without compromising anything..

Since, there's only one student in my class, I expect that she's going to give me her 110% attention, and that's what she does in every class..(she has two subjects with me)..In a class like this, of course I'm a bit informal..and I found out that it's a lot more effective this way..where we can actually discuss our topics more comprehensively and its not too intense or akward..Luckily, she's very outspoken, and she can actually relate the topics to things and current issues, and that helps me to minimize time explaining things to her..

This morning, as I was explaining our new chapter, she seemed lost, as if her mind is wandering somewhere, and she looked worried...She kept checking on her cellphone..I'm sure that she was not paying attention eventhough she nodded..I can't help but feel irritated by that attitude..But knowing that she is not like that..I stopped, and asked her what going on? at first she said, nothing..and sir, please continue..and so I did..but suddenly she cried..and said, she was sorry, she has problem with the boyfriend...Darn it!! IF she won't stop, the students in the next class would think that I have done something bad to her, and it was actually very embarrasing to have a crying student..

She cried for at least 10 minutes or so, and all the while I kept on asking her to stop..and I swear, I almost left..when she has calmed down, she told me all the things troubling her mind..how ugly she was before, and how fat she was..how she met her boy friend, and how the people around her (the friends, the family members) don't like her to be with the guy, coz the guy is too old for her and she's too young to get married just yet..I was like..What!! this is personal problem..I shouldn't be hearing all these craps..and then she went on, with a little sob..she told me that she suffered due to her atkins diet..Ow well, she looks like a model now..From 38cm waist size to 20cm..and she looks more confident now..

So, we end up discussing about her problem rather than going through our Law topics..I told her to see things in a more positive way, and don't let her mind plays trick on her.. Coz, from what she told me, she is having a normal couples problem..If they are really in love with each other, they should be able to find solution to any problem..If getting married now is not an option, then the boyfriend should wait until she finishes her studies or maybe, get her job..and then she said, I wish my boyfriend has a thinking like you..that's when I said..ok, our class finish for today..I hope I won't be hearing anything like this anymore in the future..I'm getting really stress myself...

There goes my 3 hours lectures..all to the waste..emm, not really..at least I've done something good for someone..eh, I didn't know, I can actually be a councellor..hehehe..But I have too much problems of own, there's no room left for other's...sometimes, I really think, I would someday be admitted to an asylum for all the craziness in the world..

K la..panat utak sa...

4 comments:

  1. ReNo said...
     

    Adei, mesh ada juga ka student ko mcm tu? matai la... you've done 1 great thing today... sekurang2nya dia dapat keluar dan berfikir dari stress dia... tapi jan ko pulak yg stress balik mesh... kan ko teda GF problem? haha

  2. Unknown said...
     

    Hmm.. its seems like its a personal problems. She should talk to her other gfs.. u knw gurls talk..

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    bah dia tinguk ko baik hati kan..jadi dia pun berani curah kan kesedihan dia sama ko. jgn jadi mcm kawan saya si toooottt...pelajar dia kasi curah masalah, dia pula sibuk curah kan perasaan sama pelajar dia tuh. sia rasa mo pasik ja telinga dia tuh..hehehe anyway sia tau ko lecturer yg baik.

  4. XiGorX said...
     

    ni baru 1 hal, bulum lagi hal2 yg lain..you guys know la, students mcm2 perangai..well, its funny sometimes, but could be quite challenging, and kin panas juga tu kadang2..anyway, sa nda akan mencurahkan perasaan sama students..hahaha...

Post a Comment