Broken Hearts and Blessings

Now..don't get me mistaken, its just a title that I like for this entry..I'm not going through a break up at the moment, it has passed..and I'm all ok now..It's just that, sometimes, when I think about the past, I tend to get emotional..Like today, I was a bit emotional. I really don’t like these kind of days. When my heart feels heavy and my thoughts are steering directly negative..it’s hard to accomplish much. Strange how writing helps to sort through it all and alleviates some of the negativity. Negativity is so useless and crippling..I typically avoid it at all cost, but occasionally it seeps in and takes over and I just let it have full reign for awhile in hopes of chasing it off..

Broken hearts must be a popular topic..(I've have some post on this as well).. Knowing that state makes me wish so much I could help others who suffer. Other than a few very dear friends I might talk openly with at times, it’s one of those things I feel I must suffer through alone, right at the time when I most need to feel support and encouragement from others..I wonder if many others are like me and try to hide it and minimize the hurt? I’ve had friends who leaned heavily on me through those times and I’ve had other friends who I couldn’t tell if they were even struggling or hurting. I just know I hate to think of anyone alone and in pain. Maybe someday scientists will come up with a remedy for a broken heart. Wouldn’t that be fabulous? Then again, there’s something to be said for working through those things and fully experiencing that type and degree of hurt. It changes a person. Perhaps not always for the better, but at the least it makes us stronger..Right?..I’m sure there are more pleasant ways to instigate change, but broken hearts seem to force a change..In most cases, this is very true..

Overall though, it has certainly shown me that just because it feels like you might literally die inside, you probably won’t..It has forced me to take on a fresh perspective and greater appreciation for life and love.. I also might be just a tad jaded, but I don’t think that’s predominant yet, as even when I feel hopeless inside, I’ve come out on the other side.. I hope that never takes over. I don’t want to be that negative, gloomy, miserable suspicious person.. I wonder sometimes if I’ll allow myself to be ruled by fear when it comes to relationships now. This experience has even affected my friendships.. I can’t tolerate deceit with the same compassion I could before. And I also have more strength to stand up for myself against manipulative people..From necessity and survival instinct, I’ve just known that my tolerance level for such things has had to drastically reduced.. Also, there is this desire to connect, but keep myself safe from possible hurt at the same time. I’m like a curious and scared little bunny, twitching my nose in curiosity and then hopping off in a flash the moment I sense I care enough about another for them to hurt me. Up till now, I’ve never lived from a place of fear like that, I always had huge optimism and refused to accept anything less.

Gratitude: I experienced love. My basic needs are met. My dogs are truly a joy. My friends are phenomenal human beings. My father loves me. I can write out my thoughts. I have a few terrific genuine friends who care about me. I have enough of everything to keep me survived..I couldn't ask for more..I'm content, I'm satisfied..sometimes, less is enough...

I have so many blessings and gifts in my life, I will not allow myself to focus on heartbreak and feeling miserable. I’ve never been that person and I’m not going to allow this experience to turn me into that..That creates nothing except suffering and I love myself too much to allow senseless, eternal suffering into my heart. It takes up up too much room where love and faith want to be.. I must feel it, let it go, and move on with bigger love and compassion than before.. and remain grateful for the experience.

I'm not too sure, if I'm speaking for myself or someone else..but, heck..I love to remind myself that I'm worthy of something better..

Shoo negative clouds, shooo...Now..I'm really smiling..

2 comments:

  1. ARTEo said...
     

    i hear you man, now that i have all the quietness in beluran i do feel extremely lonely...

    ...on the other hand, i thought it was quite juvenile to list down your friends and acquaintances... what's the point really?

  2. XiGorX said...
     

    you're right man..hey, you take it easy there, aight..I'm sure you'll get use to those quietness and loneliness..hehe

Post a Comment