My Manila Trip - Part 2 (City Tour)

On the second day I woked up early, I think it was before 7 o'clock..I wanna bring my puppies out, but then I realized I was in Manila..huhuhu..Missing my puppies that day..Since everyone was still sleeping, ya la kogutan la tu, I made up my own wake up alarm..Jumpping up on their beds..and it worked..hehehe..We were supposed to go to Tagaytay that day, so I couldn't wait to leave..

Too bad, we spent very long time swimming in the pool that morning and enjoying the traditional Filipino breakfast the Daing Bangus, which made us stay at the dining area for quite a while, when we were ready to go, they adviced us to go tomorrow instead..Because it's better to go early..The journey to Tagaytay will take 2-3 hours..With the bad traffic, we would take longer than that..So, we decided to do the city tour..Somehow, the delicious "tapa" got me so energized eventhough I only had three hours of sleep..Masarap talaga..

Photobucket
Having our breakfast..

Photobucket
Waiting for the taxi..See the road is still empty..wait!! You'll see traffic flows like hell in a minute..

Actually we don't have planned itinerary, we just list down the places we want to go and take a taxi to that place..and hope, the taxi driver would be a good one..and that day, we managed to get a taxi, and the driver was helpful. One thing about traveling in Manila,if you don't have any tour guide, you must have a reliable taxi driver, and trust him that your life would be safe, emm you'll understand what I mean if you were there, hehehe..They drive like hell but very excellent driver, fehhh, I hate sitting infront..our first destination was the Memorial Park, but then we ended up in another place called 'Libingan ng Mga Bayani' or 'Cemetery of the Heroes'. It is a national cemetery within Fort Bonifacio in Taguig City, Metro Manila. It was established as a fitting resting place for Filipino military personnel from privates to generals, as well as heroes and martyrs. It also contains the national Tomb of the Unknown Soldier..I'll show you the pics..ehh..ada ka tu aa?

Photobucket
you will see this at the front gate..

Photobucket

Photobucket
I don't know for a fact if it is empty or just anonymous or just symbolic.

Next we went to the American Cemetery, only a few KM away from the Libingan Ng Mga Bayani..Another historical place..Okay, I might say, it may not be everyone's ideal walking rendezvous but truth to be told, I find cemeteries to be one of those eerily fascinating places to be..I don't have so much to say here..I'll let the pics tell you the story..Aight...

Photobucket
The Heroes Memorial Gate greets you after passing the main gate. Honestly, I had to read the plaque because I couldn't, by the life of me, make out what the artwork is about.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love this pic of us..mcm band boy pun ada..hehehe

From the Amrican Cemetery Park our taxi driver who patiently waited for took us to Intramuros. Driving towards the famous walled city was a lot harder than I expected. Our taxi driver took the Buendia-Roxas Boulevard route and there, we were stuck in almost 30 grueling minutes..Really bad traffic..Even so, none of us complain, but it was too bad for Jr, he couldn't stand the heat..So next time you if want to hire a taxi, make sure you pick the one with working air conditioner okay..It is one of the things that won't make you miss Manila..

When we finally reached Intramuros, we couldn't wait to get out of the taxi..There awaiting us was the Spanish Cathedral standing in awe..The shadows casted by the noon sun on the courtyard made the ambience so perfect and that magnificent showcase of Filipino-Spanish architecture of the cathedral made us stay there for more than half an hour.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jr and I have been to Fort Santiago before, and we pretty much knew the place already..but, I'm sure, there are lots of things that I haven't seen yet..I was here last year in August, it was really nice to see the changes IA (Intramuros Administration) has made on the place. The ground/park is well-maintained, and you can really see that a lot of efforts has been made to preserve the historical value of the place..

Photobucket
Sempat lagi curi2 amik gambar org..hehehe

Photobucket
emmm..I was looking for the cameraman..hehehe

Photobucket
Sir, gusto mo bang sigrilio..? Joke lang hah..Wag kang magalit sa'akin..

Photobucket
A bit tired, tapi masih mau begaya dulu before we leave that place..

From Intramuros we took another taxi to Greenhills a Mall where you can find almost everything..And yepp..they are soooooo cheap that you will be tempted to buy everything..I bought 2 Barongs, shoes, T-shirts and working shirts..and I spent only around P3000..emm..RM210 to be exact..hehehe..

Photobucket

It was a long and tiring day for all of us but everybody was happy with the tour of the walled city and the shopping at Greenhills. We then realized that we were all so hungry because it was already dinnertime. We had our simple dinner at the foodcourt somewhere inside the mall and after that went back to the hotel..This is when we met Mr.Ernie the taxi driver..I will tell you more about Mr.Ernie in my next entry..On the second night..More sun miguel and red horse were consumed..hehehe..Besa la..ada life maa, after the long tiring day, we should treat ourselves..Nasib baik semua satu kepala kalau nda, garu kepala juga tu mau fikir..emm..

okay..this is not that long, right..gambar2 ja banyak pun..hehehe...adiossss

2 comments:

  1. Justin Gildarts Joe said...
     

    yayy...part 1 & 2 nda miss tu part moginum bah...enjoyable journey ya...murah ka dvd sana...?

  2. XiGorX said...
     

    tu la bah highlight of the day tu..hehehe..Murah, cam harga kuaci ja..hehehe

Post a Comment