best man story..

Photobucket

I have been asked to be the Best Man at my friend's wedding..What an honor..Someone clearly thinks very highly of me, I must be quite the guy..hehehe..Flattered to the hilt, I happily agreed, but now that I've gotten myself into this, I realize that I may not be entirely sure what I'm supposed to do as the best man. Just what exactly is the role of the best man? Yeah, I know, I am usually a pretty confident guy, but I was feeling just a touch nervous and a little unsure of myself. Maybe I haven't been to that many weddings, and if I have, I wasn't carefully studying the best man. The maid of honor, maybe, but not the best man..

The wedding started at 11, but I was asked to come at 10 am to Sacred Heart Church..Waking up after an eventful drinking session the night before wasn't a piece of cake for me..If it weren't for the puppies who waited eargerly to be let go to the field, I would have slept a little bit longer..Luckily, I have been wise enough to have everything ready for the event.. I was not rushing...

I reached the church at 10..and as I stepped out of the car, I heard the hymn was sang..and I thought, I was already late..so I rushed to the main entrance only to find out that it was another couple's wedding..Pheeeww!! Don't give me heart attack now..The reception went for almost an hour, and I was just sitting outside of the church waiting for the bride and groom..my bride and groom..I could have sworn that I have cursed, I should have come later..I was sweating and I was still sleepy..

Around 11, the first wedding was over, and everyone has left, then only my bride and groom came, right after the bride stepped out of the car, the reception started..Walking along the isle was not difficult at all, and I did it very calmly like I have done this before many times..and I was really happy the wedding wasn't that long as I have anticipated..It was very brief..less singing, less praying, the exchanging of wedding bows was also brief..well basically..It was very short..It was good for me though, because I'm not the type of person who can stand the heat of the world..and for the Sacred Heart church, they need more fans, please..We need to be comfortable inside the church not complaining about the temperatur..Like I did...

Well, to say the least, I enjoyed being the best man, I'm not gonna tell you everything in detail, suffice to say, it's worth it..At least i have done something good for an old friend..maybe next time it will be my turn to get married, and I'm gonna need to find someone who can stand up for me and be my best man..hehe..

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment