Lust....LOve or Desire...??

The exam is going on, and I'm bored again..So, after giving it a deep thought, and considering all the pro and cons of my acts, I have finally decided to update my entry anyway...You don't have to monitor the students all the time, it's easy to tell if they are cheating..Been there, done that...

I had a conversation with a friend yesterday, or I would rather call it, a debate..Coz, most of the time we were arguing on this matter..Is it really love or desire..? Or Desire to make love (lust)...Well, I should have known that I should have not be discussing anything with him, coz I'll end up either feeling mad, bad or irritated..Anyway, despite all the nonsense he told me, I do like the part when he said.."lust is remarkably easy, but love is a different story.." That statement didn't surprise me, I mean..duhh...It's not easy for you to really fall in love with someone, but...you can always satisfy your lust anywhere, anytime..Gosh..That sound so dirty ..(as on of my colleagues always say...Ewww..that sounds sooooo dirty...Yeah right Freda...)

I know the difference between lust and love. This is lust, with all its heady, consuming passion. With my girlfriend I have love, caring, sweet and good (but not as intoxicating). How can I lust after one girl and love another? Why is lust such a powerful emotion ... so skilled at manipulating your rational mind? How do other long-distance couples do it? How do they stay lust-free and uncomplicated? I've experienced long distance relationship, and it has proven to be so complicated and very challenging...Clearly, my love for my girlfriend and the strength of our relationship isn't enough to kill the lust. I don't want to screw up things between us. Well, anyway, I'm talking about my situation last time, when I still have my girlfriend with me..I'm not talking about broken hearted people here...Just to let you know that, I believe in both love and desire, but if you have lust...that will put your relationship in jeopardy...Errmmm,, don't mind me..I'm just running out of ideas of what to write..hehehe...

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    lust isnt exactly a powerful emotion. lust exists only when you have an eye for a certain person. and you can lust at person and being in love at the same time (ceh, as if i know what love is haha).

    technically speaking, having lust is quite normal, its just our body reacting to the hormonal exchange which is taking place. it's how you handle the lust which matters hehe. just because someone lusts after someone else, doesnt mean their love for that special person would waver.. its just a lust for heaven's sake!! hahaha. only if the lust was acted upon then its a whole new different story hehehe.

    lust is manipulative cos it plays with the concept of 'you can look at me, ogle at me or fantasize about me.. but you're never gonna get me' haha. who wouldnt be crazy with that??!! haha

  2. XiGorX said...
     

    yup..agreed...waa, clever la you...hehehe...

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    tenkiu tenkiu haha

  4. Anonymous said...
     

    i was just going to ask anyone if agrees that a person can fall in lust with the one they're in love with. tapi sudah kena jawab by si jerry-inc :)

    i guess lust is something you feel when your body chemically reacts to a person from your romantically-preferred gender (i.e. depends on your sexual preference).

    however sexual chemistry can only go so far because at the end of the day, personality and emotional compatibility does matter. so yeah, are u willing to sacrifice love for pure lust? thats your pick.

    while we are in a relationship, i think of "lust" or lusting for any tom, dick and harry or mary, jane and lucy (as in any random person or anyone without knowing their personality) just as a form of temptation.

    obviously we humans can be fickle, dumb and have unlimited wants, but at the end of the day, who do you want to go home to?

    (and yes, im bored at the office bcoz everyone is out invigilating. hehe)

  5. XiGorX said...
     

    hemmm...bagus..bagi lagi idea kamu yg bernas...I'm naive this...hehehe

  6. Anonymous said...
     

    Hmmm.. nda sia2 jua kan jadi psychology graduate. maybe i should make a blog ni for "Ask any question and it'll be answer by DR.PAYA, the psychologist extraordinaire" hehe jk kununnnnn la :P

Post a Comment