Our trip to Manila

MABUHAY SABAH...MABUHAY KK

I was back from Manila yesterday...booohoooo, the week went by so fast and now, I've load of works in front of me..Darn it..Good for me though, that I have finished as much work as possible before I went for my 5 days holiday..and this morning, I managed to clear up some papers, I've done marking the exam papers, and now..I'm quite free..Well, basically I'm free now...

Something about my recent trip to Manila..Well, it wasn't my first time, been there at least twice a year since 2007 or was it 2006?...emm..never mind..despite my regular visit to Manila (consider regular la tu) I still have different impression on that country on each visit..and the experience are just different from the first time, second, third and my last visit..that's why I could never get tired of visiting Manila..Our next trip there would probably be next year with the O2C group perhaps...hehehehe..(Start saving now...)

It was good to be in Manila once again..where the people are very friendly, and very open even in the face of poverty..I realized there is such a gap between the rich and poor..and still everyone is treated quite fairly..The endless smiles and warm greetings of the people as if they were never tired of being too hospitable..From the old women/men selling balut by the road side to those who work at the highest end of shops at the malls, they are all super friendly...and ow yes, there are more beautiful and good looking people there too compare to our people in Sabah..hehehe...Masmaganda sila and mga gwapo talaga...but hey, we are not that ugly too, ok...Speaking in vanity..our look are quite similar to most Pinoys..Mga gwapo din..hahahaha....

We took the bus from Clark to Manila this time..it was actually much cheaper than taking the taxi..(Taxi = RM200/250 by Bus = RM21 per person)...the bus took us to Mandaluyong MegaMall...as we stepped down from the bus, Junior saw Ernie..the taxi driver who drove us to Taygaytay on our last visit..It was such a coincidence..as we have already known him, we took his taxi to Makati where we stayed at Robelle House, along Valdez street in Makati Avenue..A cozy and affordable accommodation..

If I were to write every single detail of our recent trip to Manila, you would probably puke all the way through the last pull stop..So, let me just summerize it kio...I'll try my best...

We didn't go to any tourist attraction place this time, as Junior and I have visited most of them..and Arteo was not eager to go too..so, we did alot of shoppings during the day and get crazy every night...Yeah, I told you about the beer promotion they have..(most of the premises)..it's P100 for four bottles..that was like rm7 only...Beers after beers were consumed until past wee hours...and amazingly I wasn't that drunk to compare to that amount if they were consumed here...Does that mean, I'm a good drinker now? or I'm an alcoholic..? huhu...I wanna get drunk..hahaha...and ow yes, I was drunk on the first night in Manila..How I wish Malate (the place where all the pubs and disco places are) is here in Sabah...hehehe...

The streets in Manila are always busy...Manila, if it wanted, could issue a single traffic report on a single day for all roads for the entire year. And this report would only require three words - very very busy. Plain and simple..Coming from a more-or-less well-organized traffic system in KK, Manila traffic just doesn't make sense... Well, that's to say that it is completely understandable why there are the painful bottlenecks that exist..but...emm...crazy, yep..that could be added on the report too...Trafficlights mean quite little in Manila.. Mostly, there are traffic police waving their arms here and there trying to make sense of it all by dancing...yeah, dancing traffic policemen are everywhere in most congested parts of Manila...something our policemen here are so shy to do..I think, in Manila, everyone has high pride on their jobs..including the policemen....

I remember last time, for some reasons, I don't like to go to the Philippines..One of the reasons was, beacause of safety reason..terrorism and poverty will come in my mind, and it wasn't exactly the country where my passport needed a stamp from..but all the mental pictures were shattered during my first visit there...and since then, I'm loving it...our recent trip was fun, coz we have done something that we have never done before...hehehe...a visit to the Sanctuario was fun..and we went to see few shows..woohooo...I can't tell you more on this..hehehe..You got to find out yourself..hehe...Yeah, we were naughty, but not to the extend of sleeping with strangers..hahaha...Alright..shake it off...

alright..I guess thats all...I'm still in the mood of holiday since we don't have any class yet..emm..I shouldn't be working right now...Pictures will be up next..this time we didn't take many pics..I was quite surprise that we didn't..anyway, there are some pics worth sharing..I'll put them up later...

Till then..babaiii...

0 comments:

Post a Comment