If Only...

"If only" . . . ,
I say these words time and time again.
Wishing something in my life . . .
had not been as it had been.

"If only" . . . I could change things.
"If only" . . . that could be . . .
What many ways would life
have left a different view of me?
"If only" . . . I had takenthat road instead of this."
If only" . . . I had taken time to give that needed kiss.
It would only take a moment to caress that loving hand.
To say the words that mattered when today I know I can.
"If only" . . . I could change the past,
how different would it be?
Would I realize and understand?
Would I truly see?

"If only" . . . for a moment, you could step into the past..
"If only" for a moment . . .
for we know it cannot last.
How clearly you can see . . .
what life has brought your way..?
To have taken just one different path . . .
would've changed more than that day..

It would have made your journey through
the many days ahead,different in so many ways . . .
where might it all have lead?
Our thoughts are often filled with this tiny,
little phrase.
"If only . . ."
cannot make it so,or change what is today.
"If Only's" . . . steal hours from today. . . .
making it a blur.
When what really matters is now . . .
not thoughts of 'what we were'.

"If only" . . . I can hold that truth and take
it with me to today . . .
let go of all the pain and doubts,. . .
and then I'll kneel and pray.
"Thank you, Lord, . . .
for the many plans you laid.
The loving ways I did not see . . .
as you brought me through my yesterdays . . .
safely to today.

Please don't let the choices
that I make today...
turn into "If Only's . . .
somewhere along the way.
I hear your voice inside my heart . . .
with words that ring so true.
"If Only . . .you will take My hand . . .
I'll guide and comfort you."
but...I hope it's not only 'If only"..
I hope it's true....

4 comments:

  1. Wel^Beiolman said...
     

    what's going on bro..hehe..something bothering u?huhu..

  2. XiGorX said...
     

    nope la..not exactly..it's just mere talks...hey, you have a nice weekends ya...

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    hiya Ramesh :)

    merely a talk? hmmm.. or the real thing?

    Hope, vital to life, enabling us to keep going forward inspite of everything! dari kau juga tu.. hehe..

    blueorange

  4. XiGorX said...
     

    yup...that's true..Hope keeps us alive..hehe

Post a Comment