Lest We Forget...



LEST WE FORGET, A tribute to all the Heroes of the past..
Happy 50th Independence Day Malaysia, you are a free country now..Don't you like it..? Do you still remember your days during the colonial time? Well,I hope, you'll stay free..Freedom is all yours now..But, what about your people? are they really free? Well, emmm..I have no say for that..I leave it to you Malaysia..

The time has also come for us to express openly what is on the lips of most Malaysians in Sabah and perhaps even Sarawak that August 31st is celebrated as Independence Day or Merdeka Day. It is the day 44 years ago that North Borneo (as Sabah was then known) ceased to be a British colony. Sabah was therefore literally a nation before Malaysia was formed by the Federation of Malaya, Singapore, Sarawak and Sabah under a Malaysia Agreement and formalised on the 16th September 1963. Malaysia is therefore only 44 years old today, not 50. Let us not continue this unnecessary distortion of history...hem, I don't care actually, what happened in the past will remain history, and now, all we have to think about is our future..

Thanks to those people who have sacrificed a lot, not to mention those who have died in the defense of our beloved land...We were so lucky, we had them with us, in thier own way, they have done so much for everyone...My sincere profound thanks and heartfelt to those heroes who have lost their lives in the battlefields...So next time you go to condemn a soldier, stop and think about what he’s done, all that he chose to sacrifice..so you won’t lose even one. Did you ever stop and think about the simple freedoms that we have every day and how many freedoms a soldier sacrifices so you can live this way? War is not about special battles or certain dates, it is about people...the people who lived with it every day whether in an occupied country, or as a soldier in the midst of battle, for it changed that person forever because of what they saw and were forced to do to simply survive. Those survivors live through the war every single day of their lives whether it is in a way hidden to the outside world, such as in their dreams at night, an event that triggers a memory, photographs from that time, watching a movie on television, or blatanly obvious in physical wounds and scars. War scars a person forever. With that, I salute them for all the bravery they have, and make it possible for us to live our life today...

I'm not a patriot myself, but Im a proud citizen of Malaysia, and I think that's enough..I don't raise flags in front of my house, or put sticker on my car..But, I have it carved in my heart..(You can tell if I'm lying...Ughhh).. Malaysia..You are my Rock!!!....

0 comments:

Post a Comment