The Word for the Day - INSECURE -

Most people are insecure about at least one aspect of their personality or their body... Some people are held back in the things they do because of this... Very few people overcome their insecurities... And a very minute few have none at all...I think I’m one of them...:)

I’m not trying to boast about it, so forgive me if this comes out sounding egoistic..I'm not egoistic but I am not insecure.. I know my faults and my weaknesses... I know what I’m good at and I know where I need improvement... These things I’ve either noticed myself or others have pointed them out to me... And I acknowledge them and try to be the best I can be despite all that... I try to better myself, but sometimes you just can’t get over it, Can you??... And you don’t always have to...

Those who know me know I’m an open person.. I have an open mind and open ears and, unfortunately, an open mouth that’s open a little too often, just a little too much..sometimes... You might say I wear my heart on my sleeve... You’re probably right... I think I do.. I know it’s not a good thing... It makes me vulnerable and everyone’s aware of it... It doesn’t bother me though.. I’m not insecure about it... My heart maybe perched on my sleeve but that doesn’t mean I’m going to let you tear it apart... I’m careful most of the time. I haven’t been heartbroken since my previous break-up... I'm just enjoying everything for now...I'm blessed...I'm happy...

Just what is insecurity is all about...? Well, I guess it’s the state of being subject to danger or injury... But aren’t we always? Even if you think you’re well protected with a brick wall and a body of armour, do you ever feel really safe? I think we are all susceptible to being hurt... Sooner or later you will be... One day you will break down... One day you will be vulnerable... One day you too will wear your heart on your sleeve... One day you will ache like everyone else has... That day will come... Your brick wall won’t hold up forever..need not worry about it...it's something life has yet to offer you....
but for now...my gum is aching, that excruciating pain annoys the hell out of me...and I'm not enjoying it...huhuhu

2 comments:

  1. JOE'S BIZNES CAFE said...
     

    I guess everyone has some sort of insecurity po,..whether its about how they look, how people might perceive towards them, whether i'm doing a good job at work or my relationship..It's not just about the essence of danger or illness. I suppose,to me personally that is, insecurities are our reality check. We are aware of our shortcomings, lack of self esteem or whatever we may label them. If you are aware of them, then we are able to assess whether it is for our betterment or otherwise. Some choose to 'repair' it, others ignore maybe out of feeling confidence i.e. i don't really care. Or ignoring due to hardheadedness... all sorts. Yes the wall will break & may fall. That, my friend, we do not know and we try not to dwell on something that may not even happen. But,to me, we can prevent that wall from making a lot of mess when it does crumble & fall..we can reduce the rubble. We have the choice to whether put a safety net below it so that no one will get hurt or we choose to 'let it flow'.. Or better still, strengthen the wall with, effort, determination,discipline and most of all love for oneself. Insecurity is a choice. It's a paint palette, we hold the brush. So let's paint...

  2. XiGorX said...
     

    aikss..How come I just got this comment today..It was posted on the 19th kan...anyway, yup..you're indeed very true...Everyone is talking about the brick walls, it might look tough and strong enough that nothing even stronger can bring them down..but, somehow...one brick might be loosed, and it brings about a great fall to the rest...Some might not even notice about that one loosed brick, and there are those who noticed but don't quite give a damn about it...Some, like you say, might put a safety net below it..so that, even it may fall, the impact would not be that devastating...I choose to be wise though...Eventhough, I might be very ignorant most of the time...I know..I am good for something...ya..bla bla bla bla..banyak cakap pulak sa ni...hehehe...Thanks for the comment...

Post a Comment