what would you write...if

It was during one of my classes today that I was thrown up with this question...and seriously, I was left dumbfounded... If it was something in relation to my subject, then...I guess...I could give the student a long and winding explanation, complete with the theories and principles...but, it wasn't...Something that I have never even think about...

The question was....If you are the last human being on earth, and you have the opportunity to write something down, what would you say?....The question was that simple, and as a blogger who write on regular basis, I should be able to answer that question promptly..but, I can't...For the first time in my career of work, I was asked something that I couldn't answer satisfactorily...

While continuing with my teaching, I was a bit distracted, the question kept on playing in my mind...and I swear, I was trying to find the best answer while delivering my lessons and it was no piece of cake...

When I got back to the office, I was still trying to figure out what would I write down if I was the last human being on earth....It was such an inspirational question...and I can't wait to write my response here...Now, I'm imagining myself being the one and only person on earth...
When posed with the scenario of being the last member of humanity, and being asked to write something meaningful, I felt suddenly helpless and speechless...Since being speechless is an irregular occurrence for me, the question had a profound impact…

What is there really to say? Nothing I can put into words would have a significant amount of meaning at that point... I could narrate earth’s history to the best of my knowledge, but it wouldn’t change our fate... I could articulate my opinions and beliefs, but who would be saved by reading them? Who could possibly be influenced by what I had to say?..How much power does language really have? Well, it may seem like a lot, when there are others around to express yourself to... But in the end it will take more than written letters and symbols to change reality....


Okay, so maybe its a little raw and not my best thinking… but the former question really threw me off guard....and for sure, I won't be writing anything like this if I was the last human being on earth....

arrrgh!!!....I should just forget about the question, it won't happen anyway... (huhuhu)...


5 comments:

  1. Wel^Beiolman said...
     

    simple yet thoughtful...

    If I were...i might say..."God..am i lucky or am I unlucky to be the last human on earth?"

  2. carolchs said...
     

    dun worry, its not an easy question.

    telampau byk 'wants' smpai tia tau pa mo tulis dlm tu last letter.

  3. XiGorX said...
     

    yup..very true indeed....hehe

  4. sweetie~ said...
     

    what's the point of writing whereas nobody would read....hehe

    i wouldn't want to crack my head...muahaha

  5. XiGorX said...
     

    exactly sweetie...that's why, I don't bother much about it anymore...not at all I think..hehe

Post a Comment